Things have been quiet on the blogging front lately. Life is busy and to be honest, I don’t feel like I have a whole lot to say. Here’s what’s happening lately…
- This “off-season” is different from most since I will soon be ramping up for the most grueling training I have ever seen or even imagined. I think I am just enjoying the down time, in more ways than one, before that. That being said, I’m swimming with my team again, maintaining my running base and trying to find some indoor cycling mojo. I’ve joined an indoor club for trainer sessions led by my coach which will start in December, taking place every Saturday morning all winter. I think that will be exactly what I need to embrace the trainer. I hope.
- Speaking of my coach… yes, I will officially be a coached athlete. It’s exciting and scary, but completely necessary for me to face the challenge that lies ahead. We start officially in January (because of our move in December), but he has given me a base-building guideline to get me through November and December and prepare me (somewhat) for what is to come.
- On Saturday I spent as much time as possible tracking Denise at IMFL. I was glued to the tracker as well as updates on FB, and eventually tuned into the live feed to see her finish (with my finger hovering over the “Prt Scr” key). So freaking proud of you, D!
- This past Sunday I donned my rainbow socks and had the pleasure of spectating at the Hamilton Marathon and cheering on some of my peeps. I made my way from ~10K to ~22K to ~40K to see everyone go by, and I also managed to spot Lish (psssst congrats on another big PB!) each time. At the end of the race I ran back and forth along the waterfront trail accompanying our runners on the final 1-2K stretch to the finish. It was a great day for my friends and it kind of gave me the itch to race – but that won’t be happening until next year.
- Packing is finally underway. Slowly but surely… To make things a little more challenging, hubs is going to be away on business for the majority of this month. Wish me luck. Wrangling the pup is what makes it interesting.
- Speaking of which, I came home to this nice little surprise at 6am after a run one day last week. He decided that the gift wrapped on the dining room table was for him and not our friend’s daughter, and he had a party in the shoe closet as well. (Thankfully, no shoes were destroyed this time!)
- Good thing he is so cute! Here he is curled up on the electric blanket. Puppy loves to be warm.
- Anyone else obsessed with Panera?
That’s all I’ve got for now.